Every new Windows 10 or Windows Server launch makes modifications to present features. Some of those features are removed fully from new variations of the working programs, others could also be deprecated.
Deprecation signifies that the characteristic stays accessible within the launch however just isn’t developed actively anymore. Microsoft might launch safety updates for it if it turns into vital, but it surely will not launch characteristic updates for deprecated merchandise anymore.
Windows Server 2019 isn’t any exception to the rule. Note that the list that follows is topic to vary.
Windows Server 2019: removed and deprecated features
The following features are removed in Windows Server 2019.
- Distributable Scan Management (SCM), also referred to as Business Scanning — removed due to an absence of gadgets that help the characteristic (Microsoft states none help it).
- Internet Storage Name Service (iSNS) — used to interplay between iSNS servers and purchasers. Microsoft suggests to make use of Server Message Block (SMB three.zero) as an alternative.
The following features change considerably
- Print Components (Server Core) — Microsoft enabled Print Components on Windows Server 2016 by default. In Windows Server 2019, Print Components are disabled by default in Server Core installations. Admins might set up the part utilizing the PowerShell cmdlet Install-WindowsFunction Print-Server.
- Remote Desktop Connection Broker and Remote Desktop Virtualization Host (Server Core) — these roles require Server with Desktop Experience in Windows Server 2019 to be per the requirement of Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH).
Deprecated features in Windows Server 2019
The following features are deprecated in Windows Server 2019 (now not developed):
- Key Storage Drive in Hyper-V — Generation 2 digital machines with TPM gadgets supply a safer resolution. Microsoft.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) administration console — The data is on the market underneath Device Security within the Windows Defender Security Center.
- Host Guardian Service Active Directory attestation mode — Microsoft added a brand new less complicated mode referred to as host key attestation and suitable with Active Directory based mostly attestation. This doc affords extra data.
- OneSync service — the Outlook utility takes over the syncing of Mail, Calendar and People apps knowledge.
- Remote Differential Compression API help — this enabled distant supply knowledge syncing with compression applied sciences. No Microsoft product makes use of the technology at the moment.
- WFP light-weight filter swap extension — allowed builders to create community packet filtering extensions for Hyper-V digital switches. Microsoft recommends that directors create full filtering extensions as an alternative.