Some gadgets with the latest version of Windows 10, Windows 10 version 2004, expertise points with Microsoft’s OneDrive file synchronization service that’s baked into the system.
Microsoft confirmed the issue on a brand new assist web page on the corporate’s official web site.
The firm notes that “some older gadgets or gadgets with sure older apps put in that use legacy file system drivers” might not be ready to connect to the OneDrive service by way of the OneDrive app. Microsoft OneDrive shows the error message “OneDrive cannot connect to Windows”
The error textual content offers the next info:
Files On-Demand requires a connection to Windows so as to present your recordsdata with out taking over area on this gadget. OneDrive can preserve making an attempt to connect to Windows or you possibly can select to obtain all of your recordsdata. You will not give you the chance to use online-only recordsdata till that is mounted.
Options are supplied to “attempt once more” or to obtain the recordsdata. The issue impacts recordsdata on-demand, a comparatively new characteristic of OneDrive that Microsoft launched a while in the past. Files On-Demand shows all obtainable recordsdata within the OneDrive folder on the gadget even when the recordsdata are solely obtainable within the cloud and never regionally.
Microsoft has printed two workarounds to repair the issue on affected system. The first workaround depends on the brand new Files On-Demand Troubleshooter, the second offers guide steps to tackle the issue.
Workaround 1: The Files On-Demand Troubleshooter
- Open the Start Menu, kind troubleshoot, and choose Troubleshoot Settings from the checklist of solutions.
- Select View History on the web page that opens. You might even see both that the Files On-Demand troubleshooter ran efficiently, by which case the issue needs to be resolved, or that it didn’t run efficiently and desires to be run. The system wants to be restarted after a profitable run of the troubleshooter.
- Users ought to then confirm that Files On-Demand continues to be enabled by right-clicking on the OneDrive icon within the System Tray and deciding on Settings > Settings tab and ensuring that “Save area and obtain recordsdata as you utilize them” is enabled.
- The course of wants to be repeated for every account.
Workaround 2: The guide choice
- Open the Start Menu, kind cmd, right-click on the Command Prompt suggestion and choose “run as administrator” from the context menu.
- Run the next command: reg add HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetServicesCldfltinstances /f /v DefaultInstance /t REG_SZ /d “CldFlt”
- Restart the gadget afterwards.
- Following directions three and four of the primary workaround above to confirm that Files On-Demand continues to be energetic.
Now You: Do you utilize OneDrive or one other file synchronization service? (by way of Born)