Microsoft launched the lengthy awaited second cumulative replace of the month KB4490481 for Windows 10 model 1809 yesterday night.
Why did it take so lengthy to launch when cumulative updates for all other supported versions of Windows 10 arrived on March 20, 2019? Because Microsoft realized from the errors it made when it launched Windows 10 model 1809 and subsequent updates.
It seems, that Microsoft pushes updates for the present model of Windows 10 to an additional spherical of testing, courtesy of the launch channel, earlier than it releases it to the basic inhabitants.
Update: Ran right into a System Service Exception error on restart after putting in the replace on one machine. System Restore mounted the difficulty, Startup restore didn’t. End
KB4490481 for Windows 10 model 1809
The replace has been launched, finally. Administrators could verify for updates manually utilizing Windows Update to obtain KB4490481 to machines. The replace can be accessible as a standalone obtain on the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Note: The replace fixes an enormous variety of points and nonetheless suffers from the identical 5 recognized points that earlier variations of Windows 10 model 1809 suffered from.
Here is the checklist of modifications:
- Fixed the long-standing audio difficulty that affected Windows 10 PCs with a number of audio gadgets.
- Fixed a Game Mode difficulty that impacted streaming and recording software program.
- New choice to activate Insider Builds of Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops in Microsoft Azure.
- Fixed a problem that brought on the lack of Favorites or Reading List in Microsoft Edge throughout updates.
- Fixed a problem that brought on Internet Explorer to cease randomly.
- Addressed a problem with scrolling ActiveX content material in Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixed an icon file loading difficulty if badly formatted icon information are encountered.
- Time Zone data up to date for numerous areas.
- Fixed a problem with the GDI course of that might trigger the calling course of to cease working beneath sure situations.
- Fixed a networking difficulty that prevented functions and callers from connecting to vacation spot endpoints when a community interface didn’t have a default gateway.
- Fixed a DHCP difficulty that brought on it to reuse an expired lease.
- Fixed a problem with the RemoteApp window that may make it come to the foreground and to stay energetic after closing a window.
- Fixed a problem that prevented the authentication credentials dialog from showing.
- Fixed a problem that prevented Modern Apps icons from showing in the Taskbar or Task Switcher throughout DistantApps connections.
- Fixed a problem that brought on sure Modern Apps to fail to launch or cease working.
- Addressed a problem that brought on USB cameras to fail to register appropriately for Windows Hello.
- Added the Group Policy setting “Enable Windows to soft-disconnect a pc from a community”.
- Fixed a problem that brought on digital sensible playing cards from beginning with Citrix 7.15.2000 Workstation VDA software program.
- Fixed a problem that prevented customers from configuring screens for HDR video playback.
- Fixed a problem that prevented customers from unlocking a tool utilizing sensible playing cards.
- Fixed a reminiscence leak “when a system processes login classes”.
- Fixed a problem with Always-On-VPN exclusion routes that made them work just for link-local exclusions.
- Addressed a problem that brought on certificates renewal to fail when utilizing CERT_RENEWAL_PROP_ID with the ICertPropertyRenewal interface.
- Fixed a problem that muted the sound of single-use functions after resuming from Sleep.
- Addressed a problem to satisfy GB18030 certificates necessities.
- Fixed a problem that brought on server efficiency to decelerate or servers to cease responding due to “quite a few Windows firewall guidelines”. To allow the resolution:
- Open regedit
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesSharedAccessParametersFirewallPolicy
- Set the Dword DeleteUserAppContainersOnLogoff to 1.
- Fixed a problem that prevented the decryption of knowledge (affected encrypted information utilizing DPAPI-NG or group-protected PFX file).
- Fixed a problem that affected the analysis of the compatibility standing of Windows.
- Addressed minor points with unknown choices (unknown OPT) in the Extension Mechanisms for DNS (EDNS) for the Windows DNS Server position.
- Fixed a timing difficulty when configuring Switch Embedded Teaming that might lead to an entry violation.
- Fixed a problem of the Remove-StoragePool PowerShell cmdlet that did not clear pool metadata on NVDIMM bodily disks.
- X2APIC supported enabled for AMD platforms.
- Additional Japanese Era identify fixes.
- Fixed a problem that brought on gradual display screen refreshes if functions created and destroyed many baby home windows.
- Fixed a problem that brought on the Start menu to reset.
- Addressed a problem that brought on Wdiwifi.SYS to cease working with the error “7E (0xc0000005)”
The 5 recognized points (verify the assist web page for potential options):
- Internet Explorer 11 and different functions that use WININET.DLL could have authentication points.
- MSXML6 could trigger functions to cease responding.
- Custom URI Schemes for Application Protocol handlers could fail for native Intranet and trusted websites on Internet Explorer.
- There could also be points utilizing the Preboot Execution Environment to begin a tool from a WDS server configured to make use of Variable Window Extension.
- Per font end-use-defined-characters could trigger the system to cease working and should trigger blue screens on begin.