VideoLAN launched VLC Media Player 3.0.5 to the Stable channel earlier as we speak. The new model of the cross-platform media participant is a bug repair replace for probably the most half; it fixes minor safety points by upgrading third-party libraries to newer variations.
VLC customers can download the latest model of the media participant from the official VideoLAN web site; VLC 3.0.5 is accessible for the desktop working techniques Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, and the cell working techniques Android, iOS, and different techniques.
Windows customers can run the installer to improve present installations of VLC or obtain a portable copy from the Windows obtain web page on the venture web site.
VLC Media Player 3.0.5 is a bug repair launch that fixes a number of points within the participant and updates libraries that the media participant makes use of; these updates embody patches for minor safety points based on the changelog.
The new model improves ChromeCast help and updates help for YouTube. While YouTube help is not so good as it is in SMPlayer, one other common participant for media recordsdata, it is nonetheless an integral a part of VLC Media Player.
VLC customers can choose Media > Open Network Stream to play YouTube movies by pasting YouTube video URLs within the location area.
Here is a fast rundown of crucial adjustments within the launch:
- Runtime hardening enabled on Mac OS X units.
- All exterior VLC plugins must be signed with a “DeveloperID certificates” to proceed working with VLC on Mac OS.
- Blu-Ray menu and looking for enhancements.
- New AV1 decoder primarily based on dav1d library; additionally AV1 demuxing enhancements and AV1 packetizer.
- Libaom decoder enabled by default.
- Hardware decoding disabled on “some” older Intel GPUs.
- Direct3D fixes and enhancements.
VLC 3.0.5 is no main replace by any stretch nevertheless it is nonetheless prompt to improve older variations of the media participant to the brand new one because it contains up to date libraries and different enhancements.