The workforce that’s liable for creating the Thunderbird electronic mail shopper has released Thunderbird 78.zero.1 to the general public on July 21, 2020.
The new model is the primary minor replace for Thunderbird’s new important model 78 that was released last week to the public. The new model of Thunderbird is obtainable as a direct obtain and set up solely at this cut-off date due to its wide-reaching changes.
One of the large modifications of Thunderbird 78 is that basic add-ons do not perform anymore within the software.
Thunderbird 78.zero.1 is already supplied as an in-client replace however customers might obtain the latest model from Mozilla’s web site as nicely. The replace is simply supplied to units operating Thunderbird 78 and to not units operating earlier variations of the e-mail shopper.
Warnings that Thunderbird customers who use the encryption extension Enigmail mustn’t replace at this cut-off date nonetheless apply.
Thunderbird customers can run a handbook examine for updates within the shopper by choosing Help > About Thunderbird from the menu. Thunderbird runs an replace examine and presents to obtain and set up the replace if one is obtainable.
Thunderbird 78.zero.1 is a bug repair launch for probably the most half. It fixes ten completely different points in Thunderbird 78; these are:
- Faceted search information and relevance settings not saved.
- FileLink attachments had been included as a hyperlink and a file when added by way of drag & drop from a community drive.
- The dragging and dropping of a number of attachments to Mac OS Finder created duplicate recordsdata.
- Recipients within the CC area collapsed typically within the header pane.
- Search outcomes displayed within the Contacts sidebar had been cleared when a contact was eliminated.
- Incremental search within the Contacts sidebar didn’t at all times show native outcomes when an LDAP server was in use.
- About Thunderbird keyboard shortcuts didn’t work.
- Faceted search date and relevance settings weren’t saved.
- Messages with lengthy Armor header traces didn’t show utilizing OpenPGP
- Messages containing non-UTF-Eight textual content weren’t supported in OpenPGP
- The checklist of individuals in chats didn’t show operator flags.
- Various UI and theming fixes.
Thunderbird 78.zero.1 consists of new performance as nicely. The OpenPGP implementation helps the next new options:
- Key revocation.
- Key expiration extensions.
- Secret key backups.
You can take a look at the whole launch notes of the brand new Thunderbird model here.
Now You: Do you utilize Thunderbird? Have you upgraded to Thunderbird 78 already?