The builders of the e-mail shopper Thunderbird have released Thunderbird 68.7.zero to the general public. The replace for the secure 68.x department of the e-mail shopper is a upkeep replace for probably the most half that resolves greater than a dozen points within the e-mail shopper and improves MailExtensions help within the shopper. Additionally, it fixes safety points.
Thunderbird installations which can be already on Thunderbird 68.x might be upgraded to the brand new model routinely. Users might run a guide examine for updates to get the replace asap might choose Help > About Thunderbird to get it downloaded and put in at that time.
Thunderbird installations which can be nonetheless on earlier fundamental variations will not be upgraded to Thunderbird 68.x routinely until Lightning is put in.
The staff continues to boost MailExtensions help within the Thunderbird e-mail shoppers. Thunderbird, which relies on Firefox, is present process the identical architectural adjustments because the Firefox browser. The transfer has implications on extensions help and one of many fundamental adjustments is that the subsequent main model of Thunderbird, Thunderbird 74, will only support MailExtensions (equally to WebExtensions in Firefox).
MailExtensions are primarily based on WebExtension technology however designed particularly for e-mail eventualities. Thunderbird helps some WebExtensions APIs on high of that however core performance for add-on builders is offered by MailExtensions APIs.
In Thunderbird 68.7.zero, MailExtensions now help RAW message supply and to make messages as junk/not junk.
The upkeep launch fixes the next points within the e-mail shopper moreover that:
- Exchange server account setup enhancements.
- Fixed threads collapsing when opening news messages in a brand new window.
- Fixed add-ons not being up to date routinely to new (appropriate) variations after the improve from Thunderbird 60.x.
- Made the additional recipients panel keyboard accessible.
- Fixed standing bar not being detectable by display screen readers.
- Fixed a WebExtensions permissions challenge when querying by folder title.
- Two Calendar fixes: cancelled occasions didn’t present with a strike-through and invites with embedded null bytes didn’t all the time decoded appropriately.
The two safety points fastened in Firefox appear to be the identical points that Mozilla fixed in the Firefox 75.0 web browser release.
You can take a look at the complete launch notes of Thunderbird 68.7.zero here.