Thunderbird customers who use a Master Password within the software to guard passwords could have been uncovered to a password deletion issue in current variations of the e-mail shopper.
The major release launched new performance and made some modifications to Thunderbird; a kind of modifications migrated the safety databases key3.db and cert8.db used to retailer passwords and certificates to key4.db and cert9.db.
Thunderbird installations affected by the issue had saved passwords and personal certificates keys deleted. The issue affected installations with grasp passwords. Master Passwords should not utilized by default however could also be enabled within the Thunderbird electronic mail shopper to enhance safety.
Thunderbird customers have to open Tools > Options > Security > Passwords to guard passwords with a Master Password. Just examine the “use a grasp password” field on the web page and comply with the directions so as to add it to this system.
The growth staff notes that affected customers could restore a backed up model of the databases to regain entry to passwords and personal certificates. How that’s performed isn’t talked about, nonetheless. The backups, with the .bak extension, are listed within the Thunderbird profile folder.
Affected customers may rename the present file, e.g. key3.db, and rename the backup file key3.bak afterward. It isn’t clear if that’s the methodology that the staff suggests; ensure you again up all recordsdata earlier than you proceed.
Thunderbird 60.three.three fixes three extra points:
- Slow tackle e book search and auto-complete performance.
- Plain textual content markup didn’t work with non-ASCII characters.
- Links weren’t eliminated when a hyperlink location was eliminated within the hyperlink properties panel.
The model of the e-mail shopper has three unresolved points:
- Issues when decoding messages with unusual charsets resembling cp932 or cp936. The staff guarantees that this issue goes to be fastened within the upcoming Thunderbird 60.four.zero launch.
- CalDav entry to some servers is damaged. Workaround is to set the desire community.cookie.same-site.enabled to false.
- Twitter chat isn’t working.
Users who run Thunderbird could discover that it’s not supplied presently after they run a guide examine for updates beneath Help > About Mozilla Thunderbird. The official obtain web page on the challenge web site lists 60.three.2 because the latest model as nicely.
The new launch is available on Mozilla’s FTP although.
Tip: Find out find out how to migrate from Thunderbird 32-bit to 64-bit. Note that Thunderbird is obtainable as a 32-bit model formally solely presently on Windows.