ProtonMail Bridge is a standalone program for Windows, Linux and Macintosh units to combine ProtonMail accounts into desktop electronic mail clients.
The consumer runs in the background on the system to encrypt and decrypt emails for use in third-party clients. Setup requires set up and configuration of the ProtonMail Bridge consumer on the system and configuration of the desktop electronic mail consumer to combine the ProtonMail account.
ProtonMail Bridge ought to work with all desktop clients; the corporate has printed guides for Thunderbird and Outlook 2010/2013/2016, in addition to Apple Mail on Mac OS X.
Note: The utility is just out there for paid accounts.
First factor that must be finished is obtain the latest model of ProtonMail Bridge to the native system. Install this system and run it afterward to start out the configuration.
Complete the next steps in order so as to add a brand new ProtonMail account to the Bridge utility:
- Select “Add Account” in this system interface.
- Type your username and on the subsequent display the account password.
- The account ought to now be efficiently related. The default mode is mixed deal with mode which signifies that all emails from all ProtonMail addresses shall be despatched and obtained collectively.
- You can change modes with a click on on “deal with configuration”.
- Credentials for including IMAP and SMPT settings to the desktop electronic mail consumer are offered by the applying.
- Just add a brand new account in the e-mail consumer of your option to use the ProtonMail account in that electronic mail consumer. As an instance, right here is the guide for Thunderbird on Windows.
Bridge features as an area Mail server that ProtonMail flows by as soon as configured. The consumer decrypts and encrypts the information regionally and in the background.
It is essential to notice that ProtonMail emails are readable in the e-mail consumer. System encryption, e.g. by using VeraCrypt full system encryption, or different safety protections should be used to guard the information towards third-parties.
ProtonMail clients preferring to use an area electronic mail consumer could use ProtonMail Bridge to combine their addresses into the native consumer. Setup is easy and shouldn’t be troublesome, even for inexperienced customers.
Now You: Which electronic mail supplier / program do you use?