Dominik Reichl, the developer of the password manager KeePass Password Safe, released KeePass 2.41 on January 10, 2019. The new model of the password supervisor introduces a brand new safety characteristic that forestalls knowledge from being saved within the Windows Clipboard history and cloud clipboard.
KeePass 2.41 is on the market as a obtain on the developer website. The KeePass program doesn’t assist computerized updates; customers could also be knowledgeable concerning the replace, nonetheless, once they run the applying.
KeePass 2.41 is on the market as a transportable model and installer; customers who’ve put in KeePass on Windows PCs can run the installer to improve the present set up to the latest model. All knowledge is preserved throughout the course of.
Select Help > About KeePass to confirm that the brand new model put in appropriately.
KeePass 2.41 features a new safety possibility that offers with Windows 10’s new clipboard historical past and cloud clipboard performance. KeePass prevents that copied knowledge is saved within the Windows clipboard historical past or the cloud clipboard; the choice is enabled by default. KeePass customers who need the performance can disable the safety below Tools > Options > Security > Do not retailer knowledge within the Windows clipboard historical past and the cloud clipboard.
Another new possibility provides customers management over the ESC-key. A faucet on the ESC-key whereas KeePass is lively closes the applying by default; customers might change this to a different default motion, e.g. the locking of the applying, minimizing, or doing nothing.
Go to Tools > Options > Interface > Esc keypress in important window.
Other new options embrace an choice to “ignore search settings of teams” when utilizing the discover possibility, assist for zooming photographs when the interior knowledge viewer is used, and workarounds for a Windows RTF character encoding bug and Mono enter focus restoration drawback on type activation.
The record of enhancements that made it into KeePass 2.41 is equally massive. To identify only a few:
- Auto-complete doesn’t append solutions anymore however exhibits an inventory of solutions solely which the consumer might choose.
- Improved textual content rendering and code optimizations.
- During imports and sync operations, a standing dialog is displayed provided that the primary window will not be constructed utterly. Otherwise, the standing of the operation is proven in the primary window.
- The instructions “Find Similar Passwords (Pairs)”, “Find Similar Passwords (Cluster)” and “Password Quality Report” ignore TAN entries.
- Plugin dialog shows plugins alphabetically. Satellite assemblies are usually not tried to be loaded as plugins anymore.
- Reading of KDBM XML recordsdata with unknown parts.
You can try the full changelog on the official KeePass web site.
Now You: Which password supervisor do you utilize?