Nvidia launched a brand new GeForce graphics driver right now that introduces full support for DirectX 12 Ultimate and options different enhancements.
The new driver can be downloaded from Nvidia’s official driver’s downloads web site; it could additionally set up robotically relying on the put in driver on the system and configuration.
The Nvidia GeForce 451.48 driver for Windows introduces support for brand spanking new options and updates a number of sport profiles subsequent to that. It introduces full support for DirectX 12 Ultimate, a brand new model of DirectX that Microsoft unveiled again in March 2020.
DirectX 12 Ultimate requires a PC with Windows 10 model 2004 or newer; the brand new technology is built-in in Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox console Xbox Series X as effectively.
Current will probably be appropriate with DirectX 12 Ultimate however some superior options will not be supported. Microsoft guarantees that present will be capable to run next-generation video games that use DirectX 12 options.
DirectX 12 Ultimate helps DirectX Raytracing 1.1, Variable Rate Shading, Mesh Shaders, and Sampler Feedback.
Nvidia’s new driver introduces support for all of the options that Microsoft highlighted within the announcement of DirectX 12 Ultimate.
Another new characteristic of the brand new GeForce driver is support for accelerated GPU Scheduling; this requires Windows 10 model 2004 or newer, too. The characteristic permits the graphics card to handle video RAM straight to enhance efficiency and framerates, and cut back latency.
The driver introduces support for Vulkan 1.2 subsequent to that and Nvidia notes within the release notes that it contains bug fixes for “the latest inventive purposes from Adobe, Autodesk, Blender, Chaos, and Corel”.
dozen utility profiles had been up to date within the new launch. Updated video games embody Yakuza Kiwami 2, 7 Days to Die, Will you Live Online, and a number of other that require a Turing GPU or newer GPU.
The listing of fixes is embedded under:
- [Just Cause 2]: The sport doesn’t detect CUDA recordsdata which ends up in lacking “GPU Water Simulation” and “Bokeh Filter” settings.
- [Sea of Thieves]: Issues with sport rendering happen.
- [Resident Evil 2 Remake]: The sport might show random object and menu flickering.
- [Devil May Cry 5]: The sport might show random object flickering.
- [Divinity Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition]: The sport experiences low efficiency when accelerated GPU scheduling is enabled.
- [Maxon Cinema4D]: Line width vary restrict has been prolonged.
- [Notebook]: Windows Mixed Reality headsets might show jitter when related to the HDMI port linked to the NVIDIA Optimus pocket book built-in graphics.
- [G-SYNC]: G-SYNC doesn’t work with DirectX 9 video games if “Disable full display screen optimizations” is chosen.
- Display brightness will increase whereas enabling GPU scaling.
- NVIDIA HD Audio might disappear after show goes to sleep.
- The cursor turns into a gray rectangle when enjoying YouTube 4K HDR movies.
The listing of identified points is equally lengthy:
- [Sunset Overdrive]: The sport might show random inexperienced corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from in-game settings.
- [VR}: HDCP errors happen with Valve Index VR.
- [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare]: Color banding might happen within the sport after enabling Image Sharpening from the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- [Call of Duty – Warzone]: Freestyle doesn’t work. (200593020)
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb might show a black strip throughout a race on sure tracks.
- [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable.
- [Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When enjoying the sport in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering happens after switching the sport between full-screen and windowed mode. To work round, both disable G-SYNC or play utilizing an API aside from Vulkan.
- [SLI][G-SYNC]: With multi-GPU and G-SYNC enabled, TDRs happen quickly after launching an utility.
- [Notebook][The Witcher 3 WILD HUNT]: The sport stays minimized when DDS swap is ready to Optimus and Automatic, and can’t be restored to full display screen.
- [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the built-in graphics processor because the clone supply, show settings can’t be modified from the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ excessive refresh price shows might randomly drop to 60Hz throughout gameplay.
- [Notebook][G-SYNC]: Graphical corruption happens when windowed G-SYNC+V-Sync is On whereas operating purposes in Clone/Duplicate mode.
- [Notebook]: LVDS-display goes clean upon rebooting the system after driver set up on some techniques.
Now You: What is your tackle DirectX 12 Ultimate? (through Deskmodder)