Linux Mint 19.1 codename “Tessa” was launched on December 19, 2018. The new model of the favored Linux distribution is a Long Term Support launch that can obtain updates till 2023. It is based mostly on Ubuntu 18.04.
The Linux distribution is supplied as three desktop environments: MATE, Cinnamon and Xfce. The builders of Linux Mint dropped support for the KDE desktop environment final yr.
Downloads for all three supported desktop environments are available on the official Linux Mint website. Upgrades from Linux Mint 19.zero to 19.1 will change into available at a later time limit.
Devices that run the beta model of Linux Mint 19.1 might be upgraded to the ultimate model immediately. It is vital to put in all available updates utilizing the Update Manager and working the command apt set up xul-ext-lightning afterward in a terminal window.
Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa
Here is a brief record of necessary characteristic additions:
- The Update Manager lists mainline kernels and their help standing. It features a new button to take away previous (unused) kernels.
- The Software Sources program window has a brand new look. It makes use of an Xapp sidebar and a headerbar within the new model of Linux Mint.
- Language Settings and Input Methods had been break up into two totally different purposes.
- Xreader readability enhancements.
- LibXApp options 4 new widgets:
- XAppStackSidebar to create icon sidebars.
- XAppPreferencesWindow presents a multi-page preferences window.
- XAppIconChooserDialog shows a dialog to decide on an icon identify or path.
- XAppIconChooserButton supplies a button which exhibits an icon or a picture.
- The Firewall configuration was added to the First Steps part of the welcome display.
- Artwork enhancements and new theme variants.
- Cinnamon four.zero enhancements:
- Select a desktop format throughout First Steps on the welcome display.
- New panel format ships with window record with app grouping and window preview.
- Nemo file supervisor is thrice quicker than earlier than in accordance with the Linux Mint growth staff.
- Desktop settings had been up to date and visible enhancements had been made to icon sizes and spacing in Nemo.
- Nemo shows the file creation time on supported file techniques.
- Show or disguise thumbnails toggle added.
- Input lag decreased on techniques with NVIDIA graphics playing cards.
- VSync might be turned off within the System Settings.
- Upstream modifications from the GNOME challenge, e.g. Mutter efficiency enhancements.
Existing customers ought to learn the changelog of their most well-liked desktop environments to guarantee that they find out about any recognized difficulty within the launch.
Users might expertise points with digital machines, scanners, touchpad drivers, DVD playback in VLC, or sound and microphones. Workarounds or options are supplied for many points.
Now You: What is your tackle the brand new Linux Mint launch?