The yr 2019 begins just like the yr 2018 ended for directors and customers working Windows: troublesome.
Microsoft’s cumulative updates for Windows 7 launched on the January 2019 Patch Day triggered networking issues underneath some configurations, and the whole Windows 10 version 1809 fiasco continues to be contemporary as properly.
Reports are coming in that the replace KB971033 is causing activation issues on Windows 7 Enterprise PCs. The replace, which Microsoft launched in April 2018, updates the Activation Technologies of Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate.
Notice what just isn’t included? Right: Enterprise! Even although the replace shouldn’t be put in on KMS-controlled units, it received on (some) of them apparently.
Microsoft acknowledged the problem in KB4480960, the abstract for the January 9, 2019 replace for Windows 7.
After putting in this replace, some customers are reporting the KMS Activation error, “Not Genuine”, 0xc004f200 on Windows 7 units.
A system administrator opened a thread on Reddit reporting that 1000’s of Windows 7 VDI machines reported that they weren’t real this morning and that he discovered after a prolonged troubleshooting session that the replace KB971033 was the trigger.
The admin concluded that the activation problem had one thing to do with a change in how Microsoft Activation servers reply to straightforward KMS keys being despatched to them.
The admin resolved the problem by uninstalling the replace from Windows, deleting the KMS cache and activation information from affected PCs, and re-activating in opposition to KMS.
- web cease sppsvc
- del %windirpercentsystem327B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-5P-Zero.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0 /ah
- del %windirpercentsystem327B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-5P-1.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0 /ah
- web begin sppsvc
- slmgr /ipk 33PXH-7Y6KF-2VJC9-XBBR8-HVTHH
- slmgr /ato
A extra detailed resolution requested customers to take away the replace KB971033 that causes the problem as properly. I’ve connected it simply in case.
- Uninstall KB971033. If the machine doesn’t have KB971033 put in please comply with the under steps.
- Run Command Prompt as administrator manually or by way of a PowerShell script from https://help.microsoft.com/en-us/assist/4032981/powershell-script-for-windows-7-non-genuine-issue-is-available/.
- Type: web cease sppsvc
- Type: del %windirpercentsystem327B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-5P-Zero.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0 /ah
- Type: del %windirpercentsystem327B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-5P-1.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0 /ah
- Type: del %windirpercentServiceProfilesNetworkServiceAppDataRoamingMicrosoftSoftwareProtectionPlatformtokens.dat
- Type: del %windirpercentServiceProfilesNetworkServiceAppDataRoamingMicrosoftSoftwareProtectionPlatformcachecache.dat
- Type: web begin sppsvc
- Type: slmgr /ipk 33PXH-7Y6KF-2VJC9-XBBR8-HVTHH
- Note: The 33PXH-7Y6KF-2VJC9-XBBR8-HVTHH key’s for Windows 7 Enterprise. If the OS is totally different, discover the corresponding KMS shopper key from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/kmsclientkeys and use it as a substitute.
Now You: What is your expectation for 2019 with reference to updates for Windows?