Microsoft released — the missing — cumulative replace KB4476976 for Windows 10 version 1809 and Server 2019 yesterday night to the general public.
The firm released cumulative updates for earlier variations of Windows 10 days in the past however determined to check the replace for Windows 10 version 1809 within the Release Preview ring earlier than its official launch.
Microsoft changed its strategy with reference to cumulative replace releases for the latest version of Windows 10 after the replace fiasco of Windows 10 version 1809. Instead of releasing cumulative updates outright, like the corporate has accomplished on older variations of Windows 10, it’s pushing updates to the Release Preview ring first earlier than releasing them.
In different phrases, another round of testing and — hopefully — bug discovering earlier than the replace is unleashed on the overall inhabitants.
KB4476976 for Windows 10 version 1809 and Server 2019
KB4476976 is offered on Windows Update and as a direct obtain on the Microsoft Update Catalog website. Windows directors who set up the replace manually have to be sure that the latest Servicing Stack Update is put in on the machine.
The replace shares fixes with the not too long ago released cumulative updates for earlier variations of Windows 10. In specific:
- Microsoft Edge might cease working with “sure show drivers”.
- Third-party functions having difficulties authenticating hotspots.
- Promotion of non-root domains failed with error “The replication operation encountered a database error”.
- More Japanese period calendar fixes.
- Compatibility points with AMD R600 and R700 shows.
- Audio compatibility points with video games that use 3D Spatial Audio Mode by way of multichannel audio gadgets or Windows Sonic for headphones.
- FLAC playback situation (might cease responding) when utilizing operations akin to rewind.
- The coverage “Prevent customers from uninstalling functions from Start Menu” didn’t work.
- File Explorer stopped working when enabling Timeline and the “Allow add of person actions” coverage was set to disabled.
- Local Experience Packs couldn’t be downloaded from the Microsoft Store if the language was set because the energetic show language.
- Some symbols appeared in “a sq. field on a textual content management”.
- Two-way audio points throughout cellphone calls for some Bluetooth headsets.
- TCP Fast Open was turned off on “some techniques”.
- Some functions misplaced IPv4 connectivity if IPv6 was unbound.
- Connectivity situation on visitor digital machines on Windows Server 2019.
- Creation of web page file on a drive with the FILE_PORTABLE_DEVICE flag precipitated “Windows created a short lived warning” errors.
- Remote Desktop Services stopped accepting connections.
- An situation in Windows Server 2019 that causes a Hyper-V VM to stay on the bootloader display for OS choice when restarting the machine.
- The rendering of end-user-defined characters in Edge.
- Ltotape.sys replace so as to add assist for Linear Tape-Open Eight (LTO-Eight) tape drives.
The assist web page lists two recognized points:
- Microsoft Edge might not load assets utilizing native IP addresses anymore. Workarounds out there (Add native IP tackle to record of Trusted websites).
- Microsoft Jet Database situation that throws the error “Unrecognized Database Format”. Workarounds can be found.
Now You: Did you put in the replace?