Recently, I seen that a course of known as IntelTechnologyAccessService.exe was taking up all the reminiscence that it might get on a PC working Windows 10; this resulted in applications like Firefox dropping tabs as a result of there was not sufficient free reminiscence accessible anymore.
I opened the Task Manager on the Windows 10 PC this occurred on after I seen the challenge. You can accomplish that with the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc. I switched to the Details tab and sorted the course of itemizing by reminiscence use.
IntelTechnologyAccessService.exe utilizing excessive CPU and RAM
There it was, IntelTechnologyAccessService.exe taking up about a quarter of obtainable RAM (1829700 Ok) and 23 CPU.
A fast verify on the Internet confirmed that I used to be not the solely consumer who skilled the challenge with the course of. Users reported abnormally excessive CPU and reminiscence utilization by the course of, and as a outcome crashes of functions and points beginning applications as early as 2015.
Last yr, Bruce Dawson noted that the IntelTechnologyAccessService.exe leaked handles. While he didn’t discover excessive reminiscence utilization due to that, it highlights that the service had some points beforehand already.
A fast evaluation of the course of revealed the following primary info:
- Product Name: Intel(R) Technology Access
- Filename: IntelTechnologyAccessService.exe
- Location on drive: C:Program InformationIntel CompanyIntel(R) Technology Access or C:Program InformationIntelIntel(R) Online Connect Access
The course of allows Intel Online Connect Access. Intel describes Online Connect as a “easy and safe” approach of constructing “fingerprint contact funds”. It additionally contains a “built-in two issue authentication” system in keeping with Intel.
There is little info to be discovered on the Internet relating to it. Whether that is by design is unclear.
Removing the course of
Note that you could be take away performance out of your machine in case you take away sure Intel software program from the PC. There is no motive in conserving the service in case you do not make use of it at all, particularly if it gobbles up all the RAM and makes use of plenty of CPU on the machine.
I checked the checklist of put in software program and located a number of Intel entries. The machine in query has an Intel CPU, onboard Intel graphics, and motherboard.
After some trial and error elimination of Intel software program, I found that uninstalling Intel Management Engine Components did terminate the IntelTechnologyAccessService.exe course of. It is puzzling that the software program was put in months in the past however that it prompted points simply now.
Note: I counsel you create a System Restore level or
Here is the way to take away it:
- If you utilize Windows 10, use Ctrl-I to open the Settings software. Go To Apps & Features, and seek for Intel. Locate Intel Management Engine Components, choose it, and hit the uninstall button that seems.
- If you utilize a earlier model of Windows, use Ctrl-Pause to open the Control Panel. Select Control Panel Home > Programs and Features. Sort the itemizing alphabetically, right-click on the Intel entry, and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the directions to take away the part from the machine.
- Tip: you might also need to take away every other Intel software program that has Intel Technology Access or comparable in its title. In reality, any Intel program that is not important, e.g. graphics driver, could possibly be a candidate for the chopping block.