HWiNFO 6.0 was released on December 20, 2018. The new model of the info and monitoring device introduces new monitoring choices and optimizations.
We reviewed the 32-bit version of HWiNFO again in 2011 for the primary time right here on Ghacks and appreciated what it needed to supply. The program shows info in its interface on begin: from CPU clock velocity and cache info to video card reminiscence, BIOS info, and temperatures.
The developer of the applying released version 5.0 in 2015; it launched distant sensor monitoring amongst different new options.
HWiNFO 6.0 is an replace that improves the monitoring of this system throughout the board however lacks plenty of new options. There are some new options however they enhance detection and reporting for essentially the most half.
The following new options are listed within the changelog:
- Reporting of “primary” SVID voltage regulator info and common VR temperature monitoring for Haswell and later Intel CPUs.
- Reporting of Maximum Memory Capacity restrict by CPU on Skylake-SP and Cascade Lake.
- Reporting of AC/DC Loadline values for Skylake, Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake.
- Reporting of AVX2 turbo restrict ratios for Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake.
- Monitoring of Memory Controller zero/1 voltage on Skylake-X, Skylake-SP and Cascade Lake.
- Monitoring of VRM temperatures on “some” ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO/CODE/FORMULA mainboards.
- Monitoring of exterior followers on ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080.
The program itself continues to be obtainable as a transportable model or installer. The transportable model contains the 32-bit and 64-bit model of HWiNFO which you’ll run heading in the right direction techniques.
HWiNFO shows auto-updating info in its interface on begin. While many of the info is helpful to overclockers (or underclockers) solely, some info is helpful to a wider person group. You can use this system to get a primary overview of put in parts amongst different issues.
The utility masses two home windows on begin; you’ll be able to shut the system abstract window to dig even deeper.
A click on on Motherboard shows the mannequin, model and chipset, BIOS model, whether or not it’s UEFI suitable, and plenty of info in addition to that. Other parts supply comparable listings with wealthy info. Sensors is one other helpful function; it lists realtime temperature info and different readings.
The interface of this system stayed the identical; customers who used it beforehand will not have any adjusting difficulties.
HWiNFO 6.0 is a serious minor replace; it doesn’t introduce a brand new person interface or makes different drastic adjustments to this system. Monitoring and reporting has improved within the new model and that’s about it.
I am not saying that it is a dangerous factor contemplating that I can not actually consider something that this system lacks that I would love built-in in new variations.
Now You: do you employ monitoring or reporting software program?