If you personal a Nintendo 3DS or 2DS console, you might be in all probability conscious of CFW. Custom firmware could be very helpful for lots of causes.
Installing a CFW could be a bit tough. One impediment which I personally encountered throughout a CFW set up, was the notorious ARM 11 error.
I used to be curious to see what the newly launched Luma3DS 10.zero CFW had to supply, and was attempting to get the homebrew launcher working by way of the Rosalina menu. Once I exited the Download Play app, and re-opened it to open the homebrew launcher, I obtained the display screen that you just see above. This step which is a traditional a part of the set up, ought to have labored, nevertheless it did not.
This tutorial assumes that you’re acquainted with the favored and well-written information on 3DS Hacks.
What did not work for me
Let me prevent a while and inform you what not to do. Naturally after I thought the app wasn’t working, and tried a unique one. A generally beneficial fix, is to use the Health and Information app, which is pre-loaded on the Nintendo 3DS. But after I tried it, the console threw the identical error.
I additionally tried the Luma configuration menu’s choices, which incorporates the Game patching, and disable ARM 11 errors, to no avail.
How to fix an exception occurred error on Nintendo 3DS
- Begin by powering off the console.
- Connect the SD card to your laptop, and undergo the next folders:
- 3DS folder – This ought to comprise the ctr-no-timeoffset.3dsx and FBI.3dsx. Do NOT place your boot.3dsx file right here.
- The root folder of the SD card – It ought to have the boot.3dsx file.
- If any of these are lacking, obtain and replica them to their corresponding folders.
- Open the Download Play app. Once it shows the two choices, attempt launching the Rosalina Menu utilizing the important thing combo: Left shoulder + Down + Select. Set the Switch the hb. title to the present app”, after which press B twice to exit the menu.
- Close the Download Play app, and re-open it. The homebrew launcher with the CTR and FBI choices ought to now be displayed on the display screen.
In my case, I had to re-download the boot.3dsx file and put it within the root of the SD card. I additionally managed to affirm this was the fix, by deleting the boot.3dsx file and was in a position to produce the error display screen efficiently. The solely different recordsdata concerned throughout the course of are the CTR and FBI. So, you might have considered trying to attempt changing these too, in case the fix didn’t be just right for you.