Google launched Google Chrome 75 on June 5, 2019 for all supported working techniques. Some Chrome customers who upgraded the net browser to the brand new model seen that Google is including images to search ideas in the browser.
A search for Mario may return a picture of the enduring video character Super Mario or a scorching of a Super Mario Kart recreation in the outcomes. Results are based mostly on the placement of the person however all have in frequent that Chrome might show images subsequent to search ideas.
Images are solely displayed for sure kinds of searches, e.g. while you search for the identify of a celeb, or a TV present or film identify. Images of anime and online game characters could also be returned as effectively, however images of some characters reminiscent of Donald Duck or Micky Mouse, usually are not.
I skilled this on one check PC in Chrome Stable however not on one other. It is feasible that Google is rolling the function out over time to the whole person base.
Google calls the function wealthy entity ideas and appears to have enabled it for a bigger a part of Chrome’s userbase after working checks for some time.
The foremost thought behind the function is to present Chrome customers with visible cues which they could discover helpful. One scenario the place images might assist is that if there are identically named ideas. The pictures or images might assist distinguish in this case.
Other customers might dislike the function because it does probably not add that a lot worth to the search ideas and could also be distracting. The images are tiny as effectively and it’s troublesome generally to establish something on the picture.
Disabling picture search ideas
There are two choices to disable the images in Chrome’s search ideas. The first is determined by an experimental flag in Google Chrome that turns it off. While that returns to the established order, it’s fairly attainable that Google will take away the flag ultimately to implement the function.
Omnibox wealthy entity ideas
Display entity ideas utilizing images and an enhanced format; exhibiting extra context and descriptive textual content in regards to the entity. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android
Here is what you want to do:
- Load chrome://flags/#omnibox-rich-entity-suggestions in the Chrome handle bar.
- The standing of the flag defines whether or not images are displayed subsequent to search ideas.
- Set the standing to Disabled to flip the function off.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Second choice: one other search engine
The second choice that Chrome customers have is to change the search engine that’s used to show ideas in the net browser.
Here is how that’s completed:
- Visit https://www.startpage.com/, https://www.duckduckgo.com/, or another custom search engine that you prefer to to use as an alternative of Google Chrome.
- Load the Chrome Settings afterward: chrome://settings/ or choose Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down to the Search Engine part on the web page.
- Select “Manage search engines”.
- Locate the search engine in the record of “different search engines”, click on on the three dots subsequent to it, and choose “make default”