Mozilla redesigned the add-ons supervisor of the group’s Firefox internet browser in a latest replace to the browser.
The replace modernized the add-ons supervisor and changed the conventional structure with a cards-based structure.
Mozilla didn’t take away any performance from the add-ons supervisor in the course of however particular person add-on listings used more room than earlier than in order that fewer add-ons are displayed on the seen a part of the web page in the new model.
Firefox customers who’ve a handful of add-ons put in in the browser might not thoughts, however those that have a dozen or extra add-ons put in in the browser may.
The Add-ons Manager comes with out choices at this level to compact the itemizing to show extra extensions at the similar time.
Firefox customers might modify the web page utilizing CSS, nevertheless. A person revealed a CSS fashion for the add-ons supervisor on Reddit lately that makes the itemizing extra compact than earlier than.
Here is a screenshot of the way it appears to be like like after the modifications are utilized to the browser:
As you possibly can see, the modified compact model of the Add-ons Manager makes use of lower than half of the area to show put in extensions than the default structure of Mozilla.
It is of course potential to modify some values, e.g. make fonts a bit larger or improve margins.
First although, the directions on how to set it up this fashion.
- Download the archive that incorporates the code with a click on on this hyperlink: Firefox-compact-addons-manager.zip If the hyperlink doesn’t work, test it out here on GitHub and obtain it from that website to the native system.
- Open the Firefox internet browser.
- Type about:help.
- Click on the “open folder” button close to the high to open the Profile folder on the native system.
- Check if a chrome subfolder exists.
- If it doesn’t exist, create a brand new folder and identify it chrome.
- Open the chrome folder.
- If a userContent.css file doesn’t exist, place the one that you simply downloaded in the folder.
- If a file exists already with directions, copy the content material of the downloaded file as a substitute and append it to the present one utilizing a plain textual content editor.
- Restart Firefox.
Open the Add-ons Manager on the subsequent begin. You ought to see that it shows in a compact structure as a substitute of the default structure.
Now You: Do you utilize userContent.css to modify Firefox’s look?