When you sign-in to a brand new Windows 10 profile or machine for the first time, likelihood is that you just discover a number of third-party functions and video games listed prominently in the Start Menu.
Candy Crush Saga might be the most well-known instance of such a proposal however there are different video games and functions reminiscent of Netflix, Twitter, the Windows 10 version of Minecraft or Farmville 2 which may be displayed in the Start Menu.
It is simple sufficient to take away these, simply right-click on the icon and choose uninstall to take away it, however that doesn’t take care of future options which may be placed on the machine robotically.
If you need to keep away from these altogether, you want to make a change to the Windows Registry. Here is how that’s carried out:
- Open the Windows Registry Editor, e.g. through the use of the shortcut Windows-R to open the runbox, typing regedit.exe and hitting the Enter-key-
- Confirm the UAC immediate that’s displayed.
- Paste the following key into the path area at the prime or navigate to the key manually: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionContentDeliveryManager
- Check if the Dword worth SilentInstalledAppsEnabled exists.
- If it does exist, double-click on it and set its knowledge worth to zero. A worth of zero turns the suggested apps characteristic off on the Windows 10 system. You might flip it on once more at any cut-off date by setting the knowledge worth to 1.
- If the Dword worth doesn’t exist, right-click on ContentDeliveryManager and choose New > Dword (32-bit) Value. Name it SilentInstalledAppsEnabled and provides it the worth zero.
- Restart the PC after closing the Registry Editor.
Please notice that the setting prevents future suggested apps from being put in; it doesn’t have an effect on functions which can be already put in on the machine. You nonetheless want to take away these manually from the machine to get rid of them.
You may obtain a Registry file that you just simply want to run on the Windows 10 machine to flip the suggested functions characteristic on or off. Just click on on the following hyperlink (disable_suggested_apps) to obtain it to your system (thanks Majorgeeks). Just extract the archive and run the “disable” or “allow” Registry file to flip the characteristic off or on.