Mozilla launched Firefox 65.zero.1 to the browser’s secure channel yesterday. The new launch is a bug repair and safety launch and as such a advisable replace for all secure customers.
It is normally the case that Mozilla releases a smaller replace after each main Firefox replace (main in regards to the model improve) to handle bugs and different points.
Firefox 65.zero.1 is such a launch but it surely is additionally a safety launch which is not that widespread. Firefox customers ought to get the replace supplied to them routinely after they run the browser and haven’t disabled computerized updates in Firefox using Enterprise policies.
Those who do not wish to wait till it is there flip can choose Menu > Help > About Firefox to obtain and set up the new replace instantly. Firefox 65.zero.1 is obtainable as an offline installer as nicely.
The official launch notes checklist the next fixes:
- Improved playback of interactive Netflix content material.
- Fixed a problem that brought about delays when making WebRTC calls.
- Fixed issues with sizing video when making WebRTC calls.
- Addressed a problem the place add-on recommendations would make a name to Mozilla’s AMO web site earlier than the consumer hit the set up button.
- Fixed a problem that prevented the Enter-key from engaged on sure password entry fields on Linux.
- Fixed a shade administration problem on Mac OS X gadgets.
- Addressed a looping CONNECT requests problem with WebSockets over HTTP/2 from behind a proxy server.
The new model of Firefox addresses a number of safety points subsequent to that. You discover the checklist of safety points fastened in the Firefox 65.zero.1 launch here.
The web page lists three safety points which have all been rated with a severity of excessive, the second highest severity ranking after crucial.
Firefox for Android is additionally up to date to include the safety fixes and the CONNECT bug repair.