Microsoft launched Windows 10 version 2004, a brand new function replace for the working system just lately. One of the modifications of the discharge was that the corporate switched from integrating Cortana natively within the working system to providing it as an software that is supplied through the Microsoft Store.
The transfer didn’t simply lower the tie between Windows 10 and Cortana as Microsoft rebuild the brand new Cortana software from scratch; some performance, most client options similar to controlling music playback, are now not accessible within the Cortana software and Microsoft said already that these options wouldn’t be reintroduced at a later time limit. The new focus is enterprise and work based on Microsoft, and utilizing Cortana requires that customers sign-in to the applying with a Microsoft Account, or a faculty / work account.
While Cortana has modified considerably, it nonetheless seems that the applying is began with Windows. Our colleagues over at Deskmodder seen this. We tried to copy this on a system that we upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 however noticed no signal of Cortana beginning with Windows straight after the improve to Windows 10 version 2004.
The first Microsoft Store replace alternatively introduced a Cortana replace alongside with it, and this replace appears to have added Cortana to the system autostart.
Tip: you can also disable Microsoft Store updates as outlined on this information to forestall Cortana from updating robotically.
Be it as it could, you could wish to examine if Cortana is autostarting in your gadgets if you have upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004. If you don’t have any plans on utilizing Cortana, you could as effectively disable its autostart.
Disable Cortana within the Task Manager
One of the simpler choices to try this is to open the Task Manager on the system utilizing Ctrl-Shift-Esc, swap to the Startup tab, and see if Cortana is listed there. A right-click and the number of “disable” blocks the brand new Cortana from autostarting with Windows.
Cortana software choices
Another choice that you have is to open the Cortana choices as you discover an autostart toggle there as effectively. Here is how that is accomplished:
- Use Windows-I to open the Settings software, or choose Start > Settings.
- Open Apps within the Settings window.
- Search for Cortana and click on on the consequence to show its choices.
- Select Advanced Options.
- Toggle the “runs at log-in” choice on the web page that opens.
Disable Cortana autostart through the Registry
You should dig deep to search out the autostart of the Cortana software because it is not listed within the standard locations. To disable Cortana autostarting with Windows, do the next:
- Open Start, kind regedit.exe and hit the Enter-key on the keyboard.
- Confirm the UAC immediate that is displayed.
- Go to the important thing HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTLocal SettingsSoftware programMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAppModelSystemAppDataMicrosoft.549981C3F5F10_8wekyb3d8bbweCortanaStartupId
- You ought to see a State worth on the fitting. Double-click it and set it..
- to 1 to disable the autostart of Cortana.
- to 2 to allow the autostart of the Cortana software.
- Restart Windows to finish the change.
Now You: do you plan to make use of the brand new Cortana software?