Windows 10 directors who install Windows 10 on a pc may obtain a cease error once they try to revive the system after putting in updates.
Updates could be put in mechanically or manually after Windows 10 is put in on a tool. These updates deliver the working system to the latest model and so they could patch safety points and introduce different enhancements.
Windows 10 customers who run into points after update set up could use System Restore to revive the system to an earlier model.
Microsoft notes that it could occur that Windows 10 can’t be restored to an earlier model and that customers obtain the Stop error (0xc000021a) as a substitute.
Consider the next situation:
- You install Windows 10 on a clear pc.
- You activate system safety, after which create a system restore level that’s named “R1.”
- You install a number of Windows 10 updates.
- After the updates have completed putting in, you restore the system to the “R1” restore level.
In this situation, the system just isn’t restored to the “R1” restore level. Instead, the pc experiences a Stop error (0xc000021a). You restart the pc, however the system can’t return to the Windows desktop.
Windows levels the restoration of information which are in use throughout a system restore course of. The data is saved to the Windows Registry and the restoration completes on the following begin of the PC.
In this explicit scenario, Windows 10 masses the present drivers earlier than restoration and that results in a driver mismatch and the cease error. The restoration course of is stopped due to that.
Microsoft proposes two fixes for the difficulty: the primary explains how methods could be recovered that failed to begin whereas the second suggests an choice to keep away from the difficulty fully.
If Windows 10 fails to begin throughout restoration
Administrators have to enter the Windows Recovery Environment to repair the difficulty. The surroundings ought to be loaded mechanically after a number of failed restarts.
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > More Recovery Options > Startup Settings > Restart Now.
- The record of startup choices is displayed. Select Disable Driver signature enforcement (F7).
- Follow the directions. Windows ought to be in a position to resume the system restore course of and finalize it this time.
To keep away from the difficulty altogether
Microsoft means that system restore is run utilizing the Windows Recovery Environment and never by the Settings software.
- Use Windows-I to open the Settings software.
- Go to Update & Security > Recovery.
- Select Restart Now beneath Advanced Settings.
- When Windows restarts, choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > System Restore.
- Follow the directions to pick out a system restore level and restore the system.