Firefox 69.zero is a brand new secure model of the Firefox internet browser; the official release date is September three, 2019.
Mozilla pushes out updates to all Firefox channels when a brand new secure model is launched; all variations are elevated by one on the release day. Firefox Beta is moved to Firefox Beta 70, Firefox Developer to Firefox Dev 71, and Firefox Nightly to Firefox Nightly 72.
Additionally, ESR variations are moved to Firefox 68.1 ESR and Firefox 60.9 ESR. Executive Summary
You can try our Firefox 68.0 release overview right here in case you missed it.
- Firefox 60.9 ESR is the final ESR model of Firefox 60.x. Installations should be up to date to the 68.x model after that release.
- Default Tracking Protection enhancements.
- New function to dam any type of autoplaying media.
Firefox 69.zero obtain and replace
Downloads are made obtainable on September three, 2019 for the primary time. Depending on when you find yourself studying this, downloads could not but be obtainable by way of the browser’s automated replace function or direct obtain.
You can run handbook checks for updates at any time in Firefox with a click on on Menu > Help > About Firefox. Firefox opens the about window and checks for updates by querying a Mozilla server.
The following pages listing direct downloads for supported Firefox channels.
Firefox 69.zero Changes
Flash Player can’t be activated completely anymore on websites
Mozilla eliminated the “all the time activate” choice for Flash Player content material on the Internet. While it’s nonetheless attainable to play Flash content material utilizing Firefox, it’s not attainable to configure Firefox to load Flash content material routinely on particular websites going ahead.
Firefox will not help the “bear in mind this resolution” choice anymore on the subject of Flash content material.
Firefox will drop help for Flash on the finish of 2020 similar to Google Chrome,Microsoft Edge, and lots of different browsers.
Enhanced Tracking Protection is turned on by default
Firefox 69.zero rolls out with enhanced Tracking Protection functionality. The default setting blocks third-celebration monitoring cookies and cryptomining scripts routinely in that model 69.
The stricter settings block fingerprinting subsequent to that as effectively.
Enhanced Autoplay Blocking
Firefox’s choice to dam media from autoplaying acquired an enchancment in Firefox 69.zero as effectively. The function blocked autoplaying video provided that it performed sound beforehand.
Mozilla added new autoplay choices to Firefox to dam any type of autoplay as an alternative.
- Load about:preferences#privateness within the Firefox handle bar.
- Scroll all the way down to the Permissions part on the web page.
- There you discover the brand new Autoplay setting. Activate Settings subsequent to it to open the configuration menu.
- You can set the default for all web sites on the prime. The default is block audio however chances are you’ll change that to “block audio and video”, or “permit audio and video”. Note that this impacts autoplay solely.
Changes to the loading of personChrome.css and personContent.css
Firefox doesn’t load personChrome.css or personContent.css anymore by default. Firefox customers who use these customization information want to vary a desire within the browser to revive the performance.
- Load about:config within the Firefox handle bar.
- Confirm that you can be cautious.
- Search for toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets.
- Set the worth to True.
- New “New Tab” web page expertise for customers from the United State that shows extra Pocket content material.
- User Agent string not reveals 32-bit Firefox variations operating on 64-bit working methods.
- Support for the Web Authentication HmacSecret extension by way of Windows Hello for Windows 10 model 1903 or newer.
- Support for receiving a number of video codecs “makes it simpler for WebRTC conferencing companies to combine video from completely different shoppers”.
- Performance enhancements on Windows 10. Mozilla notes that Firefox “offers” Windows hints to “appropriately set content material course of precedence ranges”.
- New shortcut on the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Battery Life enhancements on Mac OS X.
- Finder on Mac OS X shows the progress of downloads.
- JIT help for ARM64 units.
- Mozilla begins to supply PKG installers.
Firefox 69.zero identified points
No points listed.
- Tracking Protection console warnings are grouped to cut back noice.
- Blocked sources (due to CSP or Mixed Content) are proven within the Network panel now with particulars on why a specific useful resource was blocked.
- New elective column in Network panel to point out full URLs for sources.
- Debugger hundreds up extra shortly because of lazy loading.
- The navigator.mediaDevices property is not current if the context is insecure
- UserScripts API is enabled by default.
- Remote debugging moved to about:debugging.
Firefox 69.zero for Android
No information but.
Security updates / fixes
Security updates are revealed after the official release of the online browser. You discover the information published here later in the present day.
Additional information / sources