Mozilla plans to release Firefox 68.zero.2 and Firefox ESR 68.zero.2 on August 14, 2019 to the secure release channel. Firefox customers who run the Stable model of the browser will likely be up to date to the brand new model in the event that they haven’t disabled computerized updates within the net browser.
Mozilla released Firefox 68.0 and Firefox ESR 68.0 on July 9, 2019 to the general public. The bug fix release Firefox 68.0.1 adopted on July 18, 2019.
Firefox downloads and installs updates mechanically by default. You can velocity up the method (after replace release) by choosing Menu > Help > About Firefox from the principle menu of the browser. Firefox runs a verify for updates to obtain any that it finds.
Downloads will even turn into accessible on the official Mozilla website after the official release of the replace.
Firefox 68.zero.2 and Firefox ESR 68.zero.2 are bug repair releases that repair a number of points within the browser. The points aren’t safety associated.
Here is what’s mounted within the new release:
- A bug brought on some characters, e.g. #, $, or %, to be minimize off when customers searched from the URL bar of the browser. In different phrases: some particular characters weren’t included in searches from the URL bar.
- Fonts could also be loaded through file:// directions if the net web page referencing the useful resource is loaded domestically.
- The Outlook net app printing situation is mounted. Firefox would print solely the header and footer when printing emails within the net model of Outlook.
- A bug that brought on some pictures to not be displayed anymore on reload. The situation did have an effect on a number of websites and companies together with Google Maps.
- An situation that prevented some file and protocol handlers from working accurately when set as much as begin exterior purposes utilizing URI handlers.
Firefox customers who’re affected by no less than one of many bugs could need to take into account updating the browser to the brand new model instantly to repair these points.
The subsequent secure model of Firefox, Firefox 69.zero, is scheduled for a release on September three, 2019.
Now You: Did you run into any of those points?