Fedora 31 Workstation has been launched on October 30, 2019. The new model of the favored Linux distribution comes with the desktop surroundings GNOME three.34 and a number of other different enhancements and modifications.
New customers might obtain the ISO picture from the official Get Fedora web site or, in the event that they use Windows or Mac OS units, use the Fedora Media Writer software as a substitute to obtain the Linux distribution. Fedora Linux could be run as a Live distribution, supreme for getting a really feel for the working system.
Upgrade instructions to improve present installations to Fedora 31 are supplied on the challenge web site as effectively.
Note: Fedora 31 is obtainable as a 64-bit model solely; it is the primary model of Fedora that doesn’t present a 32-bit model.
The greatest change in Fedora 31 is the improve to the desktop surroundings GNOME three.34 which guarantees new options and efficiency enhancements. Here is a brief overview of necessary modifications:
- Support for customized folders. Just drag & drop icons on prime of one another to create a new customized folder. The characteristic helps set up sure kinds of packages, e.g. system instruments, leisure, or video games, right into a single location.
- Sandboxed browser. The GNOME internet browser’s processes at the moment are sandboxed for improved safety. It additionally features a new tab pinning choice and comes with up to date ad-blocking performance.
- Boxes enchancment. Boxes, the GNOME digital and distant machine supervisor comes with an improved New Box Assistant workflow, help for 3D acceleration, and extra.
- Game state saving. The retro software Games helps a number of save states per recreation within the new launch. Gamers might save as many states as they need utilizing the software. There is additionally an choice to import and export recreation states.
- Background enhancements. Redesigned background panel that includes previews and customized background choices.
- Music updates. The Music app might watch sources, e.g. the Music folder, robotically to replace the database when modifications are seen. Playback has improved with the addition of gapless playback performance.
Besides what has been talked about already, there is extra. Among the various modifications are a bigger record of featured purposes in Software, help for right-to-left and bi-directional languages in Terminal, and a new warning when a consumer makes an attempt to drop recordsdata in write protected areas.
Now You: have you ever tried Fedora? What is your take, or do you favor a unique Linux distribution?