Game Bar, or extra exactly Xbox Game Bar, is a built-in function of the Windows 10 working system which may be used to report and broadcast video games, capture screenshots, or work together with others.
You can toggle the Game Bar overlay on Windows 10 by utilizing the keyboard shortcut Windows-G. Windows shows the overlay and it’s possible you’ll use Game Bar performance or configure the service.
Most Windows 10 customers come into contact with Game Bar once they launch a sport on their machine. Game Bar might show tips throughout sport launch, e.g. “report what you simply did”, “do you wish to open Game Bar”, or “Press Win + G to open Game Bar”.
While these are nice to tell avid gamers about Game Bar, they could grow to be annoying shortly to avid gamers who do not wish to use the performance.
The following information explains tips on how to disable Game Bar tips and notifications specifically, however covers disabling Game Bar fully as nicely.
Disabling Game Bar Tips and notifications
If you simply wish to disable tips and notifications whereas taking part in video games, do the next:
- Use the keyboard shortcut Windows-G to open the Game Bar overlay on Windows 10.
- Activate the settings icon within the toolbar on the high (the cogwheel icon there).
- Under General, disable “Show tips once I begin a sport” by unchecking the field.
- Switch to the Notifications web page utilizing the menu on the left.
- Check “Hide notifications once I’m taking part in a fullscreen sport” and “silence notification sounds”.
- Optional: disable “notify me once I get a brand new message”.
- Optional: disable “notify me once I’m invited to an Xbox One get together or multiplayer sport”.
- Optional: disable “notify me when somebody new follows me”.
Just shut the window as soon as you’re carried out configuring the settings. The modifications are saved robotically and you shouldn’t obtain any new tips or notifications anymore when taking part in fullscreen video games on the machine.
Disable your complete Game Bar function
Disabling tips and notifications works greatest for Windows 10 avid gamers who use Game Bar to seize screenshots, movies or for broadcasting. Those who do not may disable the function fully as a substitute.
Option 1: the Settings software
- Use the keyboard shortcut Windows-I to open the Settings software, or click on on Start > Settings.
- Go to Gaming. (Xbox) Game Bar must be chosen by default but when it isn’t, choose the entry from the sidebar menu.
- Flip the “Record sport clips, screenshots, and broadcast utilizing Game Bar ” desire to Off.
- Note: the function is renamed in upcoming variations of Windows 10. In the newest Windows 10 Insider Builds of 20H1, it’s referred to as “Enable Xbox Game Bar for issues like recording sport clips, chatting with pals, and receiving sport invitations (Some video games require Xbox Game Bar for receiving sport invitations). Just flip the primary desire on the web page to Off to disable the function.
- Tip: you might also disable background recording underneath Captures and Game Mode underneath Game Mode when you do not use these options.
- Close the Settings software.
Option 2: Group Policy
You might disable Game Bar and associated performance system large by configuring a coverage within the Group Policy editor.
Note: The editor is simply accessible in skilled and Enterprise editions of Windows 10.
- Open Start, sort gpedit.msc, and choose the Group Policy Editor from the outcomes itemizing to open it on the machine.
- Use the left sidebar to navigate to the next path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting
- Double click on on “Enables or disables Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting”.
- Set the coverage to Disable.
- Click on okay.
Option three: The Windows Registry
The Registry choice is accessible to Home units as nicely.
- Open Start, sort regedit.exe and choose the Registry Editor from the outcomes itemizing.
- Go to the next path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsGameDVR
- Check if the Dword Value AllowgameDVR exists.
- If it exists, double-click on the worth and set it to zero to disable the performance.
- If it doesn’t exist, right-click on GameDVR, choose New > Dword (32-bit) Value. Name it AllowgameDVR and set it to zero.
- Sign-out and on once more, or restart the PC to use the change.