Redactor is a brand new browser extension for Mozilla Firefox that blackens posts on social media websites so that you’re not uncovered to the content material.
Spoilers are a great instance of why Redactor could also be helpful. If you do not watch Game of Thrones whereas it airs however plan to look at it later on when the total season is launched, you could be uncovered to a lot of spoilers on social media websites.
From pictures to small video clips, and a number of textual content. The identical could also be true for different issues you’re looking ahead to, e.g. motion pictures, video games, books, you title it.
Redactor can be useful when you do not need to be uncovered to one thing, possibly since you dislike it, it’s annoying, or problematic in different methods.
Blacken posts on social media with Redactor
Redactor requires entry permissions to the three websites it helps however to no different website; good. The extension doesn’t add an icon to the toolbar and there’s no context menu choice both to handle it.
You have to open the add-ons supervisor utilizing about:addons in the tackle bar, and activate the choices button subsequent to the put in extension.
Adding situations is simple. You specify a time period that you really want the extension to blacken whenever you go to the supported websites, and will add OR or AND situations.
- OR: the extension checks every time period individually and blackens the whole submit if any one among them is discovered (or extra).
- AND: the extension checks for all phrases and blackens a submit provided that all are discovered.
The phrases that you just enter are case delicate; an choice to make them case insensitive just isn’t obtainable, sadly.
All matching posts are blackened the following time you go to the web page (anew or on reload). The blackening of textual content works significantly effectively more often than not. Redactor blackens the whole submit however ignores consumer names and media.
Some formatting choices by submit authors could reveal textual content, nonetheless. If the creator makes use of a special font coloration, it could present though the textual content must be blackened fully.
You could hover over blackened textual content to show it.
What I wish to see
Redactor is a primary add-on at this level in time. I would wish to see the next enhancements to make it extra usable:
- Option to make entered textual content ignore case.
- Option to blacken/conceal media posted if posts match guidelines.
- Support for normal expressions.
- Improving the situations configuration menu, e.g. by including help for rule titles and making it extra comfy to enter textual content.
- Making certain that each one textual content is blackened even when completely different colours are used.
- Option to disable the hover to disclose characteristic, or add a modifier key to it to keep away from shifting the mouse over blackened textual content by chance.
Redactor is a helpful extensions with room for enhancements for Firefox. I like that it blackens textual content as an alternative of hiding posts fully because it offers you alternative to disclose posts if you wish to.
Now You: What is your take on extensions that conceal posts? Do you employ them?