All antivirus options stay supported on Microsoft’s Windows 7 working system after Microsoft ended support for it on January 14, 2020.
The Windows 7 working system has a big utilization base even after support finish. While the trend confirmed a decline for a while, latest NetMarketShare utilization stats counsel that it’s nonetheless put in on over 30% of desktop gadgets worldwide.
Enterprise clients and companies might purchase support extensions for as much as three years; Microsoft determined towards making the identical supply to customers of Home variations of Windows 7.
While Microsoft’s support led to January, a few of the firm’s merchandise and most third-party merchandise proceed to support Windows 7 no less than for the time being.
Antivirus options are important for gadgets that hook up with the Internet or public networks, particularly if the working system itself is out of support and will not obtain safety updates anymore.
Tip: Home customers might use the solution provided by 0Patch to obtain some free (some paid) safety patches for Windows 7 after support finish.
Antivirus options by no means present 100% safety and that’s much more so the case in terms of working techniques that aren’t supported with safety patches anymore. A great antivirus answer might nonetheless stop sure assaults or cut back the affect that these assaults have, particularly whether it is up to date repeatedly.
German antivirus testing institute AV Test wished to know which antivirus options would proceed to support Microsoft’s Windows 7 working system after support finish, and for how lengthy.
The institute contacted antivirus corporations to search out out and published a desk of its findings on its web site. According to the knowledge, most antivirus options proceed to be supported on Windows 7 for no less than two years. All corporations proceed to support their antivirus answer with signature updates for the time being.
Here is the abstract:
- Microsoft Security Essentials — no extra program updates, however signature updates proceed to be offered.
- Sophos — on premise support till December 2020, cloud-managed support till June 2021.
- McAfee — no less than till December 2021.
- F-Secure – no less than till December 2021.
- Avira — support ends November 2022.
- AhnLab, AVG, Avast, Bitdefender, Bullgard, Carbon Black, ESET, FireEye, G Data, Ikarus, Kaspersky, K7 Computing, Microworld, PC Matic, Quickheal, Sqqrite, Symantec/NortonLifeLock, ThreatTrack / Vipre, TotalAV, Trend Micro — support for no less than 2 years.
Now You: Still on Windows 7? What do you intend to do about it? (through Born)