For the primary time I got here throughout the error 0x80300024 throughout a clear set up of Windows 10 1903 on a pc with an SSD.
In Windows 10 setup window when attempting to pick a disk partition to put in the operation system to, the next error appeared:
We couldn’t set up Windows within the location you selected. Please test your media drive. Here’s extra about that occurred: 0x80300024.
Here is what you need to attempt to usually set up Windows 10 if this error seems:
- If there are a number of arduous drives put in in your laptop, attempt to open its case and bodily disconnect the cables of all drives besides the one you’re going to set up Windows to. If you don’t need (or can’t) take away the screws from the case of your laptop computer, you may short-term disable all different drives in your BIOS/UEFI settings. (Usually, this feature is obtainable within the SATA settings and is determined by your mannequin and BIOS/UEFI model.) In my case, I disabled the second and the third HDDs and put in Windows 10 to the remaining SSD.
If you can not open the case of your gadget or disable your drives in BIOS. If you can not disconnect or disable different bodily disks, attempt to change the boot precedence in BIOS. Set a better precedence for the drive on which you might be wont to put in Windows 10. This is an choice you need to strive in case you can’t open the case (a guaranty) or it’s arduous to do it (a laptop computer).
- If this methodology didn’t provide help to, open your BIOS/UEFI settings and ensure if AHCI Mode is enabled for the controller used to attach the drive you want;
- In some instances handbook partition cleanup on the drive you need to set up Windows to could assist . The matter is that you just can’t take away all partitions within the partition administration wizard throughout Windows setup. To clear your drive utterly (and take away all knowledge on it), press Shift+F10 on Windows 10 Setup display screen. The command immediate will seem. Run run the next instructions:
List disk– shows all related drives (HDD/SSD/USB) in your laptop. Remember the variety of the disk you need to clear. (It is simpler to establish your HDDs and SSDs by their dimension.)
Select Disk zero– selects the disk you need to clear (in my instance, it’s Disk zero).
Display the checklist of partitions:
checklist half. If you see that your first partition has a big offset (greater than 1,024 KB), you’ve gotten chosen the best one!
Clean— removes the partition construction and all knowledge from the chosen drive.
Exit– exits Diskpart.
Switch to Windows 10 Setup window, refresh the partition checklist and attempt to set up the operation system to the unallocated house.
- Verify that your SSD/HDD is working correctly on one other laptop.
- If nothing helped and the error 0x80300024 nonetheless seems throughout Windows set up, attempt to replace your BIOS firmware (see the instruments and directions on the web site of the producer of your gadget or motherboard).