Quite typically customers ask: “
Will I be capable to re-activate my Windows 10 if I alter configuration of my pc (exchange a motherboard, an HDD with an SSD, improve a CPU, and so forth.) or after reinstalling Windows?”. Indeed, your Windows 10 copy must be reactivated after making vital adjustments to your pc configuration.
By a vital change of a PC configuration Microsoft means the alternative of a motherboard, a CPU, a TPM chip (the alternative of a exhausting drive to an SSD, graphic card or reminiscence module is just not a vital change and doesn’t have an effect on Windows activation). Moving your Windows 10 license to a different pc could also be an choice of a vital change (doesn’t work on Windows 10 Home or Professional with OEM license). It implies that the Windows will probably be efficiently activated if just some parts have been changed, however not all of them (a model new pc).
Actually, if the Windows in your pc had been preinstalled prior upgrading to Windows 10, it’s possible that you simply had an OEM license. This sort of license can’t be moved to a different pc. However, Microsoft lets you activate Windows on a gadget with a new configuration in the event you needed to exchange it as a result of injury of its key parts.
First of all, I ought to say some phrases about Windows digital licenses. Actually, digital licenses exchange the normal product keys and have become broadly unfold in the course of the free improve of earlier Windows variations (Windows 7, eight.1) to Windows 10 on consumer computer systems through a Microsoft Store. The Windows digital license is linked to the precise bodily pc (an ID of its configuration that considers some key parts of your pc). The digital license of your gadget is saved as a hash (Installation ID) within the database on Microsoft activation servers and is mechanically linked to your Microsoft Account (MSA) whenever you authenticate in your pc utilizing it (this MSA consumer will need to have native administrator privileges).
Thus, to efficiently re-activate Windows on one other , you could go surfing to your pc utilizing your MSA account earlier than (!!!) altering the configuration (then your Windows digital license will probably be linked to your Microsoft account).
At first logon Windows 10 after alternative (for instance, your motherboard), you’ll get activation errors 0x803F7001, 0xC004F211 or 0xC004C008.
We can’t activate Windows 10 on this gadget since you don’t’ have a legitimate digital license or product key.
To re-activate your Windows 10 on a new , you could use the Activation Troubleshooter (out there ranging from Windows 10 1607 Anniversary Update). To re-activate Windows 10 after changing a motherboard, observe these steps:
- Log on to your pc beneath your MSA with native administrator privileges;
- Go to the Settings -> Update and Security -> Activation;
- Select Activation Troubleshooter (the choice is on the market provided that your Windows 10 is just not activated);
- You will see the next message:
We discovered a Windows 10 Pro digital license for this gadget operating Windows 10 Pro;
- Select “I modified on this gadget just lately”;
- If you not logged on along with your MSA account, a window prompting to enter your Microsoft Account consumer title and password will seem;
- Find your pc within the listing of gadgets linked to your Microsoft account and choose it by its hostname;
- Check the field “This is the gadget I’m utilizing proper now”;
- Click the Activate button;
- If Windows 10 is re-activated efficiently, you will note the message “Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account” within the activation standing window.
If you logged on utilizing your Microsoft account, however can’t activate your Windows 10, this will likely occur as a consequence of one of many following causes:
- There isn’t any Internet connection on the pc or entry to the Microsoft activation servers is blocked;
- Windows version put in in your gadget doesn’t match the digital license of the OS version linked to your account;
- The sort of the gadget you are attempting to activate doesn’t match the kind of gadget in your digital license;
- Windows has by no means been activated in your gadget;
- You have reached the restrict on the variety of Windows 10 re-activations in your gadget;
- There are a number of admins in your gadget, and one in every of them has already reactivated Windows;
- Your gadget joined to the Active Directory area with the centralized pc activation settings (like or Active Directory-based activation).
If you can not reactivate your Windows 10 in the best way described above, contact Microsoft assist technical assist by telephone. You can get the Microsoft customer support telephone numbers to your nation from the file