Due to the latest launch of the brand new Windows Server 2019, it’s time to replace the KMS activation infrastructure in your area and add the help of recent variations of Windows Server and Windows 10 1809 / LTSC 2019 (Long Term Service Channel) in your KMS server. If you wish to be taught extra about Microsoft KMS activation, we suggest to start out with learning .
Installing New KMS Server on Windows Server 2019
If you don’t have any KMS servers in your area, you’ll be able to set up the Volume Activation Services position in your new Windows Server 2019 host. The process is just like the set up and activation of a KMS server on or . Here’s what to do briefly:
- Install the Volume Activation Services position in your server from the Server Manager console or utilizing the PowerShell command:
Install-WindowsCharacteristic -Name VolumeActivation -IncludeAllSubFeature –Include AdministrationTools
- Enable the firewall guidelines that enable entry to the KMS server:
Enable-NetFirewallRule -Name SPPSVC-In-TCP
- Sign in to your account on Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) web site and go to License -> Relationship Summary -> Select License ID for your Active License contract -> Product Keys. Copy the important thing for Windows Srv 2019 DataCtr/Std KMS;
- Install the KMS key utilizing the next command:
- Activate your KMS server on Microsoft activation servers:
- If you will use this KMS server to activate MS Office merchandise, it’s worthwhile to set up the license packages for the Office variations you may have (Office 2010, , or ). Then specify the KMS Host Key to activate your Office version and activate your KMS server (yow will discover the detailed directions following the hyperlinks above);
- Now you should utilize your KMS server to activate all supported Windows (from Windows 7 to Windows 10) and Windows Server variations (2008R2 to 2019).
Updating Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 KMS to Support Windows Server 2019 Activation
If your organization has an activated KMS server operating Windows Server 2016 or 2012 R2 and also you don’t wish to deploy a brand new server operating Windows Server 2019, you should utilize the previous hosts to activate new variations of Windows Server and Windows 10 1809 / LTSC 2019. To do it, it’s worthwhile to specify a brand new KMS Host Key on the previous activation server.
In my case, I attempted to specify the brand new Windows Srv 2019 DataCtr/Std KMS key on the KMS server operating Windows Server 2016 utilizing the command:
But the next error appeared:
Error: 0xC004F015 On a pc operating Microsoft Windows non-core version, run ‘slui.exe 0x2a 0xC004F015’ to show the error take a look at.
At the identical time the error with the next description might be discovered within the occasion log:
Installation of the Proof of Purchase failed. 0xC004F015
ACID = xxxID
When making an attempt to activate the KMS key by way of the GUI, the next error seems:
Invalid product key or license mismatch. Please affirm this product key’s entered accurately and is legitimate for this software or Windows version.
Of course, Windows 10 LTSC 2019 and WS2019 additionally can’t be activated on this KMS server with an ‘activation server unavailable’ error:
Error code: 0xC004F074.
To use your previous KMS server to activate new Windows variations, you could set up some particular KMS servers updates to be able to help Windows 10 LTSC 2019, Windows 10 1809 and Windows Server 2019.
Install these updates on Windows Server 2012 R2:
- KB3173424 — Servicing Stack Update, July, 2016;
- Any Windows Server 2012 R2 cumulative replace launched after December, 11, 2018 (KB4471320) or newer.
The following updates are vital on Windows Server 2016:
- KB4132216 — Servicing Stack Update, May, 2018;
- Any Windows Server 2016 cumulative replace launched after November, 27, 2018 (KB4467681) or newer.
After you may have put in the updates and restarted the KMS server, you’ll be able to add a brand new KMS host key (VLSC) and activate it.
GVLK Keys for Windows Server 2019 & Windows 10 LTSC
The listing of public KMS activation keys (GVLK – Generic Volume License Key) for completely different Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10 LTSC editions is given within the following desk:
|OS Edition||GVLK Key|
|Windows Server 2019 Datacenter||WMDGN-G9PQG-XVVXX-R3X43-63DFG|
|Windows Server 2019 Standard||N69G4-B89J2-4G8F4-WWYCC-J464C|
|Windows Server 2019 Essentials||WVDHN-86M7X-466P6-VHXV7-YY726|
|Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019||M7XTQ-FN8P6-TTKYV-9D4CC-J462D|
|Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC 2019||92NFX-8DJQP-P6BBQ-THF9C-7CG2H|
To set up a public KMS key in your pc or server, run this command:
slmgr /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
You can specify the KMS server for activation manually:
slmgr /skms corp-kms-ws2019.woshub.com:1688
To activate your OS on the KMS server:
To examine Windows activation standing: