You can face an error “
The native print spooler service will not be operating” when attempting to put in a brand new printer, when opening the settings of the configured native printer or attempting to print any file. This error might seem in Windows 10, Win eight.1 or 7.
The error message textual content could also be barely totally different relying on what you will do with the objects in the print spooler sybsystem. For instance:
Windows can’t open Add printer.
The native Print Spooler service will not be operating. Please restart the Spooler or restart the machine.
Windows can not hook up with the printer.
The native Print Spooler service will not be operating.
First of all, be sure if the Print Spooler service is operating. If not, you possibly can come throughout the error 0x000006ba.
- Open the Services administration mmc console (
- In the record of companies, discover Print Spooler;
- Make certain that the service is operating (
Service standing: Running), and the startup sort is “Automatic”;
- Restart the service;
- If the service will not be operating, change its startup sort and begin it;
- On the Dependencies tab, confirm that Print Spooler service is dependent upon the next companies: “Remote Procedure Control (RPC)” and “HTTP Service”. In order Print Spooler to work accurately, these companies should be operating. If the dependencies will not be configured, you possibly can restore them utilizing the command:
sc config spooler rely= RPCSS
You can even test the Print Spooler service standing from the command immediate utilizing the next command:
sc question spooler
In this instance, you possibly can see that the service is operating.
If the Print Spooler service is lacking or can’t be began, attempt to clear the print queue.
web cease spooler
del %systemrootpercentsystem32spoolprinters*.shd /F /S /Q
del %systemrootpercentsystem32spoolprinters*.spl /F /S /Q
web begin spooler
Then delete recordsdata from the
C:windowssystem32spoolPrinters folder (if the Print Spooler is stopped). Then be sure if print elements are enabled in Windows 10:
- Go to the Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Features On or Off;
- Find Print and Document Services in the record of options;
- Make certain that Internet Printing Client, LPD Print Service & Windows Fax and Scan are enabled;
- You can attempt to reinstall the elements: disable them, save the modifications and re-enable them once more.
If the “Local Print Spooler Service will not be operating” error seems when connecting a from one other pc, attempt to join the shared printer via an area port (the printer handle in the UNC format is used because the port identify, for instance
PCName321HP5000). How to attach a community printer via the native port is described in the article “”.
If nothing helped, begin the printer troubleshooter wizard: Settings -> Update & Security -> Troubleshot -> Printer (Find and repair issues with printing) -> Run the troubleshooter.
Also test the integrity of system recordsdata utilizing the instructions:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth